We have a State of Bird Here

Tuesday 10 February 2009

About two months ago i received on my YouTube inbox the following message:

''I run State Bird's label the Record Machine. I wanted to let you know I really love the video you did. I want to send it out to our press contacts in about a week or so. I was wondering if you could give me some insight on the process and production for the video''. I viewed His YouTube Channel and i said that someone was making fun of the fuck out of me, but then again i said to reply but i tried to do it in a way that you couldn't figure out if i was joking or just being serious and professional-ish! (lol). Here are my exact words: ''Oh really you like it? Thanks a Lot, you have my fully permission to post my video. Don't forget to send me the link''. You see i was a bit ironisette (Ironic in in the Alanis Morissette way, according to Urban Dictionary) but it was a concealed irony, wasn't?

A weak later i didn't receive any answer, so i googled the name of the record company and i realised that, that Nathan guy wasn't playing around and i felt a bit a jerk (for the ironiy part, lol). Here is the link.



You should also check that charming band ''State of Bird''. I discovered them last year at ''You ain't no Picasso'' music blog (i think), and i really loved them. If you like artists like Devendra Banhart, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, The Dodos you should listen that truly nice band. Here is their MySpace. Listen to '' I saw the light''.

0 comments:

Favorite Worst Nightmare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger